Tuesday, December 8, 2015

26/1000 Immaculate Conception

Besides being a holiday celebrating my niece's birthday, December 8th is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.  I'm right now sitting in the lobby of a Comfort Inn near DFW hoping I can check into my room early and have time for a nap, courtesy of my 2AM wake up.

But today is not about my tired eyes or desperate search for free wifi.

Today is about possibilities.

When that Christmas song "Mary Did You Know" comes on the radio, I shout every single time, YES! SHE DID! and shut off the sound.

She knew because the angel Gabriel told her.

And she said, Yes, anyway.

Which is why she is the coolest woman, ever, bar none.

Hail Mary, full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment