Due to travels, revelry, and recalcitrant internet connections, I was unable to post for a few days.
Since I last posted, I have slept in Madison,WI, Maple Grove, MN, Phoenix, AZ, Flagstaff, AZ, Chicago, IL, and on all sorts of public transport between those cities.
I have laughed (and cried) with friends, celebrated a birthday and a funeral, worked a few long days, celebrated Advent and cuddled small children and dogs.
I feel like I fit an entire life into the past twelve days.
While in Flagstaff, a friend and I had the chance to catch up with each other for the first time in months, and we both desperately needed it. She had been in a dark space and is only now starting to come out of it.
I was reminded how another friend once told me that lotuses are symbols of "beauty that grows from dark places" ... the seeds are buried in muck and dark water, and only bloom when they finally reach light and air.
And it strikes me right now how many of my friends are lotuses.
No comments:
Post a Comment