Thursday, November 19, 2015

8/1000 Happy Thanksgiving!

Because I work at an awesome place, we had a Thanksgiving potluck today.  I decided to meet some new people and sat with the building services folks.

I have not laughed so hard in ages.

But the thing that was a bit surreal... when we were kids, we lived next to a railroad track on Diamond Ave.  And the "fun" thing to do, because we were IDIOTS was to try to jump on the train as it was moving.  It was all fun and games until one of my friends got his arm caught and cut off. (I was not a witness to it.) But our parents put a full stop on our fun.

One of the men at my table who grew up on the same street I did, said, Yeah, That was Joe P____!!

And I was all, YEAH!!!

Apparently Joe recovered fully and has a lovely wife and family now.

So, the story had a very happy ending.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment